Based in Toronto, Canada
Press / Business contact:
DrinkBox Studios Inc.
688 Richmond Street West
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
HistoryTales from Space: About a Blob
Tales from Space: About a Blob was the studio's first original game. This game was definitely a learning experience for the team, and also a lesson on how not to name a game. About a Blob is seen as a rough gem by the studio, and it can be found on the PS3.Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
As early prototyping for Guacamelee! was occurring the studio was offered an opportunity to make a launch game for the unannounced PS Vita. This was a fortuitous offer because DrinkBox had a real desire to improve upon their first (shaky) attempt at a puzzle platformer. The result was Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. The reception to the game was very positive, a lot was learned from our mistakes and the units sold on the Vita were considered a success.Guacamelee!
Guacamelee! really began to form as MBA was being prepared for release. Internally at DrinkBox the realization had begun that Guacamelee! was going to be a special game, and this excitement manifested in a great many snowballing ideas. Of course, a lot of bad ideas also snuck their way into that snowball, but regardless, the studio was having mucho fun. The reception to Guacamelee! was better than had been hoped for and considered by some as the first true “hit” for DrinkBox Studios.Severed
At the moment the studio is focused on Severed. The genesis for Severed came about during an internal game jam and is considered an experimental undertaking by the studio. In Severed, take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.Guacamelee! 2
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet - one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Guacamelee! 2 - Launch Trailer (Switch) YouTube
Severed Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Guacamelee! Launch Trailer YouTube
DrinkBox Studios - PlayStation Experience 2014 Booth Timelapse YouTube
Power Hat YouTube
There are far more images available for Drinkbox Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Editors Choice" - IGN. Guacamelee! 2. 2018
- "EUROGAMER RECOMMENDED" - EUROGAMER. Guacamelee! 2. 2018
- "Excellence in Visual Art." - Independent Games Festival. Guacamelee!. 2013.
- "Finalist" - Indiecade. Guacamelee!. 2012.
- "Best of 2013 Winner: Playstation Vita." - IGN. Guacamelee!. 2013.
- "Best PlayStation Vita Network Game[nominee]" - IGN. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Best indie games of 2012." - VentureBeat. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Handheld of the Year 2012." - GamesRadar. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Canadian Video Game Awards Finalist." - CVGA. Tales from Space: About a Blob. 2012
- "Guacamelee 2 Packs A Pollo-Powered Punch"
- Imran Khan, Game Informer
- "Guacamelee 2 PSX 2017 Preview: El Pollo Loco"
- Ozzie Mejia, Shack News
- "Guacamelee! 2, il ritorno di Juan"
- Tommaso Pugliese, multiplayer.it
- "We chat to Drinkbox Studios about Severed"
- Bengt Lemne, Gamereactor
- "Industry Spotlight: Graham Smith, DrinkBox Studios"
- Cameron Teague, PlayStationLifeStyle
- "Interview: DrinkBox Studios On Bringing Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition to Wii U"
- Thomas Whitehead, Nintendo Life
- "Ontario sees surge in gaming industry"
- Allison Cross, The Star
- "Toronto's indie gaming scene levels up"
- Katie Rook, The Globe and Mail
Team & Repeating Collaborator