Based in Toronto, Canada
Tales from Space: About a Blob is a side-scrolling puzzle-platformer about a race of insatiable alien Blobs. Looking for their next meal, the blobs end up on a distant Earth-like planet that didn’t invite them for dinner! The game features a retro-inspired art style, local co-op gameplay, a monster-movie theme and a healthy dose of humor.
Tales from Space: About a Blob was the studio's first original game. This game was definitely a learning experience for the team, and also a lesson on how not to name a game. About a Blob is seen as a rough gem by the studio, and it can be found on the PS3.
- 1-2 players
- Online Leaderboards
Official Trailer Tales from Space: About a Blob YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Canadian Video Game Awards Finalist." CVGA. Tales from Space: About a Blob. 2012
- "Pulling off both nostalgic and fresh is hard, but that’s exactly what About a Blob does."
- Matt Helgeson. 2011. Tales from Space: About a Blob Review [8.5/10], GameInformer
- "With a loveable art style and knockabout humour adding gloss to its warmly familiar gameplay, Tales From Space: About A Blob is the perfect platform s"
- Kristan Reed. 2011. Tales from Space: About a Blob Review [8/10], Eurogamer
- "DrinkBox has created an addictive 2D puzzle platformer starring a liquid mass without any jarring motion controls."
- John Polson. 2011. Tales from Space: About a Blob Review [4/5], GameRant
A blog containing all our game updates. drinkboxstudios.com.
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
More information on DrinkBox Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Tales from Space: About A Blob Credits