Based in Toronto, Canada
August 21, 2018
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet - one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse! Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges... and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
Guacamelee! 2 is the sequel to the award-winning, Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, Guacamelee!. The studio took the time needed after finishing Guacamelee! to change gears with their following title Severed, all the while percolating new ideas for a Guacamelee! 2. Now, DrinkBox has happily returned to their much loved franchise.
- A vibrant, colorful adventure that takes you from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself, featuring twice as many enemy types as the first game and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- New rendering engine: Normal mapped characters and environments significantly enhance the game’s visuals
- A brand new upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world, defeat their challenges, and develop your skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- An absolutely fuego electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- An epic adventure spanning time and space, featuring drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities previously lost to the ages!
- 99% less memes (maybe...)
Guacamelee! 2 - Launch Trailer (PS4, Steam) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "People's Pick Runner-Up : Best of MiX" MiX 2018 GDC. Guacamelee! 2. 2018
- "Guacamelee 2 Packs A Pollo-Powered Punch"
- Imran Khan, Game Informer
- "Guacamelee 2 PSX 2017 Preview: El Pollo Loco"
- Ozzie Mejia, Shack News
- "Guacamelee! 2, il ritorno di Juan"
- Tommaso Pugliese, multiplayer.it
Guacamelee! 2 PressKit
This is a link to the most recent Guacamelee! 2 PressKit dropbox.com.
A blog containing all our game updates. drinkboxstudios.com.
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
More information on DrinkBox Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.