Based in Toronto, Canada
Seven years after defeating Carlos Calaca, Juan Aguacate is forced to don his luchador mask again to face a new threat -- this time to the very fabric of space and time. Punch your way through a whole new action exploration-style world and try to save the Mexiverse!
Guacamelee! 2 is the sequel to the award-winning, Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, Guacamelee!. The studio took the time needed after finishing Guacamelee! to change gears with their following title Severed, all the while percolating new ideas for a Guacamelee! 2. Now, DrinkBox has happily returned to their much loved franchise.
- Non-Stop fighting action featuring an extensive move list
- Multi-dimensional Platforming
- Combat moves double as player movement mechanics, uniting platforming and fighting
- Amazing new player abilities: Eagle Boost, Chicken Glide, and many more non-bird-themed powers!
- A colorfully vibrant world containing dingy swamps, abandoned temples, arid deserts, and many other fun locations
- New rendering engine: Normal mapped characters and environments significantly enhance the game’s visuals
- Drop-in/out 4-player local co-operative play
- 300% more chickens
- 99% less memes
Guacamelee! 2 - Announce Trailer | PS4 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "None (Yet???)"
- "Guacamelee 2 Packs A Pollo-Powered Punch"
- Imran Khan, Game Informer
- "Guacamelee 2 PSX 2017 Preview: El Pollo Loco"
- Ozzie Mejia, Shack News
- "Guacamelee! 2, il ritorno di Juan"
- Tommaso Pugliese, multiplayer.it
Guacamelee! 2 PressKit
This is a link to the most recent Guacamelee! 2 PressKit drinkboxstudios.com.
A blog containing all our game updates. drinkboxstudios.com.
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
More information on DrinkBox Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.