Based in Toronto, Canada
21st February, 2012
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a sci-fi puzzle-platformer of CATACLYSMIC proportions. You’re a Blob with mutant powers and an insatiable appetite… and you’ve escaped into the world. The player can grow by eating loose objects in the game environment. Over the course of each level, the player encounters a series of obstacles they must grow large enough to bypass. The game combines traditional 2D thumbstick-based platforming controls with touch-based powers and abilities. Physics-based puzzles are often mixed in with the action.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack was released on February 21, 2012, as a launch title of the PlayStation Vita. It is the sequel to Tales from Space: About a Blob. Mutant Blobs Attack was later released for PC with versions for PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 released in June 2014.
- 24 full game levels, PLUS top-down bonus stages.
- Insane Growth: Start the size of a tennis ball. Grow to massive proportions.
- Mutant Powers: Fly like a bottle rocket, stick to things like a fridge magnet, or use the powers of telekinesis to move platforms.
- Network Features: Be #1 in the world on the Leaderboards and earn custom PSN Trophies/Steam Achievements.
- Retro Style: 50′s-inspired art and music paired with B-movie inspired humor.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Official Trailer YouTube
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Official PAX 2011 Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best PlayStation Vita Network Game[nominee]" IGN. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Best indie games of 2012." VentureBeat. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Handheld of the Year 2012." GamesRadar. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Where so many of today's releases force players into gameplay cycles that provide diminishing returns of fun with every revolution, Drinkbox is constantly inventing baubles in Mutant Blobs Attack to entertain the player. It's doubly impressive for a title that asks only eight bucks in exchange."
- Justin McElroy. 2012. TALES FROM SPACE: MUTANT BLOBS ATTACK REVIEW: SECRET OF THE OOZE [9/10], Polygon
- "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack stole my heart."
- Greg Miller. 2012. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Review [9/10], IGN
- "Severed is the most promising platform exclusive at this point in time, so if you’re a fan of everything weird and awesome about the independent development scene, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not keeping an eye on this touch-based game that, you know, doesn’t suck."
- Mike Spletchta. 2012. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!! review [9/10], GameZone
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack PressKit
This is a link to the most recent Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack PressKit drinkboxstudios.com.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack OST
A soundtrack from another time and another place. Featuring catchy arrangements of unappreciated instruments. Xylophones, tubas, organs, kettle drums - even a Theremin (look it up) - dominate Peter Chapman's wildly eccentric score. Spooky, refreshing and drawing heavily from the Esquivelian Exotica movement of the 50s/60s, this score is guaranteed to bring a smile to your ears. Featuring 16 tracks remastered in ''Living Stereo'', all flowing together like one giant song. Capped by a mind-blowing, 80's synth-dominated anthem by the incomparable Shaun Hatton. drinkbox.bandcamp.com.
A blog containing all our game updates. drinkboxstudios.com.
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
More information on DrinkBox Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Credits
Programming, Executive Producer, Technical Director
Additional Art and Design