Based in Toronto, Canada
21st February, 2012
Pathetic humans beware! Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a sci-fi puzzle-platformer of CATACLYSMIC proportions. Take on the role of a small Blob with an insatiable appetite who escapes from a science lab into the world at large. Grow by eating objects that are smaller than you, solve physics-based puzzles, and use your platforming prowess to eventually become a planet-eating giant. Mutant Blobs Attack combines traditional 2D thumbstick-based platforming controls with touch-based powers and abilities.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (the sequel to Tales from Space: About a Blob) was initially released on February 21, 2012 as a launch title for the PlayStation Vita. The game was later released for PC, PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 in June 2014, and most recently for Nintendo Switch on May 10th, 2019.
- 24 full game levels, PLUS 5 top-down bonus stages
- Insane Growth: Start the size of a tennis ball. Grow to massive proportions
- Mutant Powers: Jump, slam, roll, and rocket through the air! Push and pull your weight against metal! Move objects with telekinesis!
- Network Features: Be #1 in the world on the Leaderboards and earn custom PSN Trophies/Steam Achievements
- Retro Style: 50′s-inspired art and music paired with B-movie inspired humor
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Official Trailer YouTube
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Official PAX 2011 Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best PlayStation Vita Network Game[nominee]" IGN. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Best indie games of 2012." VentureBeat. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Handheld of the Year 2012." GamesRadar. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. 2012.
- "Where so many of today's releases force players into gameplay cycles that provide diminishing returns of fun with every revolution, Drinkbox is constantly inventing baubles in Mutant Blobs Attack to entertain the player. "
- Justin McElroy. 2012. TALES FROM SPACE: MUTANT BLOBS ATTACK REVIEW: SECRET OF THE OOZE [9/10], Polygon
- "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack stole my heart."
- Greg Miller. 2012. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Review [9/10], IGN
- "The 1950's science fiction movie aesthetic rounds out the complete package, complete with a funky soundtrack. Believe me when I say you'll have a grin on your face while playing."
- Mike Spletchta. 2012. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!! review [9/10], GameZone
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack PressKit
This is a link to the most recent Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack PressKit dropbox.com.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack OST
A soundtrack from another time and another place. Featuring catchy arrangements of unappreciated instruments. Xylophones, tubas, organs, kettle drums - even a Theremin (look it up) - dominate Peter Chapman's wildly eccentric score. Spooky, refreshing and drawing heavily from the Esquivelian Exotica movement of the 50s/60s, this score is guaranteed to bring a smile to your ears. Featuring 16 tracks remastered in ''Living Stereo'', all flowing together like one giant song. Capped by a mind-blowing, 80's synth-dominated anthem by the incomparable Shaun Hatton. drinkbox.bandcamp.com.
A blog containing all our game updates. drinkboxstudios.com.
About Drinkbox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. We’re a pretty small team who makes the sort of games that we want to play, and, hopefully, a few other people like what we do.
More information on Drinkbox Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Credits
Programming, Executive Producer, Technical Director
Additional Art and Design